Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What Kind of Man am I
What Kind of Man Could I Be
What Kind of Man Will I Be
What Kind of Man!!!!


Life, like the universe, follows rules.
There is an order of operations.
Do this first, second, third.
We know that God set these rules.
He abides by them.
If he did not, he would not be.
There are universal constants that apply to life
Throw in a little Free Agency and the race is on.
Example: In life; to solve your problems focus on serving others.
Others first then yourself.
Example: In science, First Outside Inside Last, Parenthesis first....
Order of Operation.

Follow?

So. I am in search how how to become the man I want to be. I can picture how I look, how I act, and what I do. I know that I need more structure. The military provided that for me and I thrived. Afterwards I found that I didnt do as well. Should I consider the Military again? Will the structure and my knowledge of the system help me to succeed? I dont fly as I should because I dont have the strength, desire, maturity? So would part of the solution be riding piggy back on the expectation of others for me and checking off each box of the sylabus? In the end would that be just painting over the rust?

Ya know though....Even considering the Army flying option is quite a step. I used to look at the guys flying and wonder if I would ever measure up. I wondered if I could ever do that kind of work or be that kind of leader. This is the first time that I can look at the process and say that "I can do it better than they can". Im a smart guy. I am well versed in politics, history, geography, (not spelling), Current world events, and I have a decent vocabulary.

I need to surround myself with good people and put myself in the proper environment. I also need to continue working out all sorts of other problems that have come up due my feeble attempts to avoid them hoping they will go away. Right!

So what do I do first?
Can I make use of tempoary solutions and add to them later?
Am I just scared of the unknown and worry about the future
so much that I need more structure and reliability?


Well...welcome to my ramblings. I suppose I would feel better if more people than just family read this. It wouldnt seem so....."out reachy" I guess. These are a list of thoughts really: they are not meant to flow together or fit nicely. And I dont care if my use of "colon's and semi-colon's" are incorrect....they are just fun to use!

So comment danngit. If mom and dad are the only ones...im gonna be peeved. (not that i dont appreciate their comments) You know what i mean

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I know what you mean. Commentment dangit!!
I feel the same way about no comments on our blog.
But, I would love it if you and any of our family commented. I think my father is the only comment on our blog. So, I know!!
Believe it our not, I have these same questions about life. I know that I love to serve. The trouble with me that I serve until I drop and cry because I need a little service myself. That is why Christmas is so bad for me. Almost every year, except this year, I do and give and spend and I look under our tree and I am just "down" I know serving is the best and I love it but after all of that I still have a problem. What the heck is the matter with me??? Am I missing something really important? I have heard all of the lessons at church but I still have a problem. I guess that I am just a little down tonight.
Love ya,
Dangit comment you guys
Icemom

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are who & what you are.That makes you.If you try and become some one else, you won't be the same loveable person you are now.
(GREAT Uncle, very HELPFUL Brother,and muched LOVED Son and Grandson.
Keep up the GOOD work.
Love
Grandpa.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to truely become the person you want and imagine for yourself, the structure and discipline must come from you. you can't expect the military to give you the structure you need because then you will become the person THEY want you to be, not who you are meant to be. in order to be accountable for the good changes you make of yourself, they must come from inside you. don't let others determine who you will be.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home