Sunday, September 23, 2007

WKJC FM101 and the Snake Fair

This was my first favorite radio station. At the time, we were living in Oscoda Mi.. Andy and I were sharing a room and we had a radio and record player combo. I had confiscated dad's Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" album and would listen to it over and over again. TO THIS DAY...I can still sing the entire song from memory!!

I also remember that Andy and I would play music while one of us would sing and dance on the bed while the other drummed at the foot of it.

Just a random thought.

Spencer invited me to join him and mom and dad to the Snake Fair at the fair grounds in Salt Lake today.

It was pretty fun and slightly creepy to see the snaked, lizards, spiders and other nasty insects of all shapes, sizes, and colors. Then there were the people at the fair! Let me tell you....all shapes and sizes!

We went to Arby's for lunch and I taught Spencer how to growl like a dinasour really really loud in a busy restaurant. Mom reminded Spencer that we could only do these fun things on special occasions. Im not sure that growling loudly is acceptable when Uncle Adam isn't around. Needless to say, I enjoyed myself emensely!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Cake Lady said...

can't wait to see all the things the uncles can teach cooper, from what i hear growling is the least of these...plus, cooper does plenty of growling already!

8:40 PM  
Blogger John and Jan Sherman said...

Fun memory.

7:57 AM  
Blogger John and Jan Sherman said...

Cute post. It was Mom's Kenny Roges album "The Gambler" Please let me quote. "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table. There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done!!"
Remember that do ya? By the way it was I who had the crush on Kenny.
Sincerely with Love
Mom

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home