Friday, January 09, 2009

I walked away from a friend over the new year. A friend that I have known for a few years now. We knew each other really well and enjoyed each others company. But when all was said and done, our paths simply had to part. I realized that I had to get on with my life and could not spend anymore time or money that i did not have, fixing this problem or that problem for my friend. Its drains the soul to care for without being cared for.

I always felt like I gave more to it than my friend did. I worked hard to help my friend start over when a fresh start was needed. I introduced my friend to my family across the country. bla bla bla....does it really matter?

All I know now is that I have truly loved. I would have done ANY thing for my friend. My friend is in quite a bit of pain....and has a long road to figure out how to deal with it. It was my choice to walk away. I left and my friend called later that night sobbing. It was horrible.

People tell me its for the best. People say that I was used. People say all sorts of things.


I feel so empty and want my friend back. I dont know how to love a friend but take care of myself and walk away at the same time.


I will always have a place in my heart for, and worry about, my friend.


(just a bad day. everything else is great actually)

1 Comments:

Blogger John and Jan Sherman said...

A good friend like you will experience this from time to time with others. Some will save themselves and others will disappear forever. You're a good man and will always have a lot of friends and will give a lot to them -- just who you are.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home