Thursday, March 26, 2009

On Sunday a few of our family and freinds got together to watch the celebrity apprentice for ACN. As we mingled in the kitchen before the show started I doing the Uncle Adam thing with Cooper who had taken a sudden interest in my presense. Sadly he fell down and smacked his head on the island in the kitchen. There was much silent, not breathing, writhing in agony, crying followed by a few screams. It was sad. His daddy picked him up and administered fatherly first aid. After only a moment or two Cooper asked for me. So I went over, took him, and we walked around together calming him down.

It was wonderful to have this little guy want me to hold him. It was one of those Uncle moments that stick with you forever. I will remember his quiet answers to my questions, his little hands hanging on, and his excitement to see me.

These things are different for an uncle like me. I dont have kids of my own so each encounter is special and not to be taken for granted.

Ya know?

1 Comments:

Blogger John and Jan Sherman said...

Mom says that Adam is the world's best uncle.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home