Friday, July 03, 2009

The class of 92.

A few months ago I started getting into facebook. Through that social network I had a chance to rekindle old friendships and actually start new relationships with my classmates. In high school I was the yearbook photographer and in the band. These activities do not lend themselves to building lasting relationships with the brats going to school with you.

Last weekend I traveled back to Caledonia to attend our 15 year reunion. Don't do the math....it wont make sense, just go with it. I had the time of my life. I met some of the most humble, interested, and fun adults. I was kinda nervous going in but was in contact with people via facebook on the trip over and when I got to Lake Side park in Caledonia I felt right at home.

We had a barbeque and got to know each other. Then we went to a local sports bar where they drank and I socialized. After that, the decision was made to head over to house of the parent's of a girl's to have a bonfire next to a lake. I agreed to go and had a great time there. We roasted marshmellows, talked some more, and jumped in the lake naked. Yes. And it was my idea. Take THAT.

Needless to say, expectaions are high for the 20 year reunion in 3 years. Like I said...dont do the math.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home