Friday, July 31, 2009

I had some dental work done today. The dentist said that he would rather pull 12 impacted wisdom teeth than have another one like mine. It was fused to the bone and took an hour and a half to hank out of my mouth. He added that it made his top ten list for most difficult extraction.

Ya see, it's important to never settle for mediocrity in any part of life.

So I took the Penicillin and the Lortab and felt pretty good. After 6 hours I took the next penicillin and about 5 minuets later felt light headed, nauseous, and my entire body tingled. Five or six years ago I gave blood at a church blood drive. When I stood up after giving the blood I felt heavy, and was about to pass out before I sat down and drank some juice. Its not just a light headed feeling, it was more like a sense of impending doom. I was feeling the same feeling today. I realized that I had not eaten a couple of days because of the mouth pain I was experiencing. So even though I was feeling sick, I knew I should get something more substantial to eat. I called to my roommate Noel but he didn't answer. If I was going to get something to eat I needed a ride to the store. I wasn't able to drive. As I stumbled to the refrigerator I experienced incredible hot flashes. I thought it was menopause until I realized that I had my ovaries and uterus removed years ago! The moment I opened the refrigerator I closed it again and ran for the sink. I even made it to the disposal side before anything happened.

Lesson 1: Don't take pain killers without eating something more than pudding and crackers.

2 Comments:

Blogger John and Jan Sherman said...

Hope you feel better soon.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Jason Evans said...

Yikes!!

Pain killers should always be taken in combination with alcohol...

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home